Thursday, May 16, 2013

Facilitating Revelation

I have tried something with the last few districts during their Book of Mormon reading time that has seemed to make a significant impact in their understanding of and ability to facilitate revelation.  At some point in their last week here, as they are doing the exercise I pause them and tell them that for the remainder of the practice they are only allowed to read the verses from the Book of Mormon and ask questions to the investigator/their companion.  Doing so eliminates them sharing their insights and thoughts all the time.  I have noticed that missionaries initially tend the think it's virtually impossible and they struggle, but after a couple of minutes they start to see the impact and power that effective questions can have in facilitating revelation.  I have seen this greatly enhance their ability to actually accomplish the objective of helping others to receive revelation as they read from the Book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment